Affordable Rental Properties
BVCAA, Inc. has a non-profit Affordable Rental program with 17 units in College Station, Tx. These units range from 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms and are available to applicants in the low to medium income level. We use the HUD income guidelines to determine income eligibility and you must be at or under 80% of the county median income to qualify. Deposit assistance may also be available with some of these units.
For more information on how to apply and the documents you will need, you can email email@example.com or call (979) 774-4639 8:00 AM -5:00PM Monday through Friday. You can also check out our web page, BVCAA.org, to property availability.
The Affordable Rental Program is an equal opportunity program that provides safe and affordable housing to qualified applicants.
BVCAA, Inc. provides housing to qualified tenants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or disability. BVCAA, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of disability status in the admission, access to, treatment, or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities. BVCAA, Inc. staffs seek to process all applicants in a fair and consistent manner.
The BVCAA Affordable Housing Program has rental properties for income eligible applicants who qualify and meet the guidelines provided to us through The City of College Station and The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The program’s goal is to provide quality and affordable rental units for eligible applicants.
Eligibility for the program is first determined by the household’s income. Once the household has been deemed eligible, then they are placed on a waiting list. A staff member will contact applicants when units become available.
Requirements of a Qualified Tenant:
- Primary applicants must be of legal age to enter into a legal contract, 18 years or older
- All applicants are required to submit evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status
- Minimum household income must be at least 30% of the area median income (AMI)
- Client income must meet one of the 2 categories;
- Be above 30% and below 60% of the area median income (AMI)
- Be above 30% and below 80% of the area median income (AMI)
- Household members must pass a criminal background check including:
- No history of sexual abuse
- No history of violent crime
- No history of domestic violence
- No pending charges or open warrants
- No other conviction within the last 3 years
- Students must have established a household and filed a separate tax return from parents or legal guardians for at least one year prior to application
- All applicants must provide 2 positive landlord references. If landlord references are not available, 3 positive personal references or 1 positive landlord reference and 2 personal references are required
- Tenants must meet and agree all program terms and policies.
Current available properties are:
2 bdrms 1 1/2 bath apt
Affordable Rental Program
3141 Briarcrest Dr. Suite 515 Bryan, TX 77802